News from Counseling:
Cornerstone Academic - ACT and SAT Practice Tests and Courses
SAT Practice Test
- Date – Saturday, October 21, 2017 from 9:00 A.M. to approximately 12:30 P.M.
- Location – Allatoona High School Cafeteria (Enter through the Cafeteria doors)
- Students MUST register at http://www.cornerstoneacademic.com/take-a-free-diagnostic/take-a-free-practice-sat/if they wish to participate.
- Virtual Score Interpretation Night – Thursday, October 26 at 7:15 P.M.
ACT Practice Test
- Date – Saturday, December 2, 2017 from 9:00 A.M. to approximately 12:30 P.M.
- Location - Allatoona High School Cafeteria (Enter through the Cafeteria doors)
- Students MUST register at http://www.cornerstoneacademic.com/take-a-free-diagnostic/take-a-free-practice-act/ if they wish to participate.
- Virtual Score Interpretation Night – Thursday, December 7 at 7:15 P.M.
There will be several online prep courses offered this fall. Use code “AHS 150” for a special Allatoona discount! For more information or to register, go to www.CornerstoneAcademic.com or call (404) 919-7227.
General Information about Cornerstone Live Online Courses: Cornerstone Academic's Live Online courses are live over the Internet with an instructor teaching the same material you would learn in an in person course. Students can interact using the chat feature and watch previously recorded sessions if they miss an online class.
For Additional SAT and ACT prep resources, please click HERE.
Allatoona High School Fine Arts Department proudly presents its annual HAUNTED TRAIL at Allatoona High School.
Friday, October 20th and Saturday, October 21st from7pm-11pm. Tickets are $5.00 and can be purchased at the gate. This is a dimly lit, guided trail walk containing pop-up ghoulish, Halloween entertainment. Best suited for older elementary through adult ages. Groups of 20 of more are eligible for a free ticket. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. All proceeds support the annual Allatoona High School musical produced by the Allatoona Fine Arts students and staff (Hairspray coming January 24-28, 2018). Allatoona High School is located at 3300 Dallas Acworth Highway, NW~ Acworth, GA 30101. The Haunted Trail will be located on the opposite side of campus from the stadium. Follow directional signs to the far right, rear parking lot.
Allatoona High School Theatre Company proudly presents the One Act production of Second Samuel by Pamela Parker.
Please note that Second Samuel is rated PG-13!
Wednesday-Friday, October 25th-27th at 7pm. Tickets are available at the door for $10.00.
Summary of Second Samuel:
It was a simpler time in the late 1940s, especially in South Georgia and specifically in a sleepy little town called Second Samuel. What had been called the Great Depression was quickly fading into memory. The war had been won, the election was now over, and "Give 'em Hell Harry" was still president. It had been an exciting time for sure, but the folks in Second Samuel were ready for things to settle down and get back to normal. Except—this was the summer Miss Gertrude passed away, and deep dark secrets were about to be revealed. Nobody could have imagined how the death of one sweet little old lady would turn the entire town upside down, leaving everybody in Second Samuel wondering if anything would ever be normal again!
The endearing cast of Second Samuel will capture your heart as you travel this thoughtful, witty journey of tolerance and acceptance in this small, rural community.
The Allatoona High School Theater Lobby is located to the right of the main entrance (doors) of Allatoona High School. 3300 Dallas Acworth Highway, NW~Acworth, GA 30101.